What is more comforting and delicious than fresh pasta?! Although, perhaps you are now tired of cooking the same pasta over and over. Hence, I have for you a delicious recipe to make toasted gnocchi with caramelized onion and parsnips. See below for recipe. Moreover, I want to invite you to get inmersed in a virtual cooking experience. Hence, I we encourage you to join Instagram Live of La Crema Estate with Chef Tracey Shepos Cenami this Sunday April 26 at 5 pm PST / 8 pm EST/. Chef Tracey Shepos Cenami will walk us through the steps to make gnocchi. Tracey will be co-hosting with Erika Altes.
Wine Pairing suggestion: La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
Toasted Gnocchi with caramelized onion and parsnips .
This recipe serves 4
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Kosher salt
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups julienned yellow onion
- 2 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into medium dice (about 21⁄2 cups)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter plus and additional 2 tablespoons butter, or truffle butter if you can get your hands on some!
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cups stemmed and roughly chopped kale (1 1⁄2 to 2 lb before cleaning)
- Clean and dry workspace
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Large mixing bowl
- Metal spatula or knife
- Ricer, food mill or potato masher
- Slotted spoon
- Small pot with salted water
- Cookie sheet
Before Class Starts:
If cooking along with Chef Tracey and Erika, please start cooking potatoes at 4:30 pm PST / 7:30 pm EST. Cover potatoes with cold water and add salt. Simmer on low, not a rapid boil, until the potatoes are tender, but not falling apart. Strain and hold at room temperature.
JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM LINK HERE
Open a bottle of your favorite La Crema Pinot Noir!
I got a promo Code for you. Enter SUPPER for 20% off + Free Ground Shipping on purchases on LaCrema.com
Do you like this recipe? Comment below or ask us for more recipes here