Barbecue and grilling season is a summer staple. From the classic grilled steaks to the conscious and healthy vegetarian choices, grilled dishes are delicious to pair with wine.
When it comes to grilling and barbecuing, in many cases, it’s less about the meat or vegetables you are working with and more about the rubs, sauces, and glazes that dictate the wine pairing.
Therefore, if you haven’t gotten adventurous yet, I invite you to spice up your next BBQ with 3 Fabulous Wine and Food Pairings for Grilling Season, featuring Veramonte Wines and Fuego Box Hot Sauces and Rubs.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks + Veramonte Carmenere 2020
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable due to its neutral flavor. You can season it to create savory sides or main and excel in transforming the taste. I’m delighted to have spiced the grilling dishes with the Fuego Box Sauces and Rubs I received this month. I used the BBQ Sauce and Medium Wing Sauce for the Cauliflower Steaks. I recommend you pair these with Veramonte Carmenere.
- Slice the cauliflower head into thick around ¾-inch, season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, and flip halfway.
- The roasted cauliflower steaks are ready when they’re tender in the middle, golden-brown, and crisp outside.
- Once they are ready, rub a couple of the steaks with Defcon Sauces Defense Condition #2 Medium Wing Sauce and other ones with BBq ‘Born to Hula Imperial Apple BBQ Sauce 12 oz., and there you have savory Cauliflower Steaks.
Pair this with Easy drinking Veramonte Carmenere. The smooth mouthfeel on Veramonte Carmenere enhances the savory steak Cauliflowers and BBQ Sauce.
Veramonte Carmenere also pairs with grilled beef dishes or grilled chicken with a BBQ sauce glaze.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms + Veramonte Pinot Noir 2020
Portobello Mushrooms have meaty flavors, making them a great addition to any grilling party as main dishes or sides. Season them with Chipotle Sauce to have a more decadent plate.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place them on the grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or longer.
- Flip them every few minutes or so.
- Once they are ready, remove them from the grill and add the Vegetarian cheese or Muenster Cheese.
- Add Infinity Sauce Chipotle Hot Sauce 5 oz and serve.
Pair this with Veramonte Pinot Noir because Pinot Noir has an earthy, smoky quality that will enhance the meaty flavors of the Portobello Mushrooms.
Pinot Noir also pairs well with smoked meats, grilled cheese, and other classic grill dishes.
Prime Skirt Steak + Veramonte Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
Meat lovers rejoice! Make sure you select the best Prime Skirt available. You can’t go wrong with Veramonte Cabernet Sauvignon for this classic pairing, especially for steaks cooked with a simple dry rub such as the Saint Lucifer Habanero Table Spice from Fuego Box.
- Season the Skirt Steak with salt, pepper, and Saint Lucifer Habanero Table spices on both sides.
- Place on the grill
- Flip over according to the term you want to enjoy the skirt steak
- Remove from the grill
- Add lemon
Pair this with Veramonte Cabernet Sauvignon. The smoky flavors of meats and grilled vegetables pair excellently with all three red wines. However, the Veramonte Cabernet Sauvignon is a match made in heaven because the tannins in the red wines will balance the meat’s umami and fat content.
Veramonte Wines are available for purchase at wine.com.
I hope these 3 Fabulous Wine and Food Pairings for Grilling Season help you get the most out of your dining experience. These Food and Wine Pairings with Veramonte Wines recommendations are just that – recommendations. So don’t be afraid of the grill and get adventurous with the wine and food pairings!
Get to know more information about Veramonte Winemaker Sofia Araya