Summer is here! and yes Summer Wines have to be the star of the gatherings but a rich and refreshing drink to start the celebrations will helps us mitigate the sensation of heat. Hence, I am sharing with you a recipe to prepare Rosé Wine Clericot ideal for any summer gathering or even a special occasion.
- 750 mL/ 25 oz of Rosé
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 sliced orange
- 200 mL / 6 oz of mineral water or lager beer
- 100 mL / 3 oz cranberry juice
Directions to prepare Rosé Wine Clericot
- Place the strawberries, raspberries, and orange slices in a jar.
- Pour in mineral water or lager beer, followed by Rosé wine.
- Add the cranberry juice
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughtly.
- Let sit for 30 minutes
- Serve on ice on a stemless glass. Our favorite stemless glasses are here
#WineDivaaTip: Garnish the clericot with fresh strawberries and even lemon edges. You can also create floral or strawberry ice-cubes over night to give it an extra hostess-with-the-mostess touch.
Recommendations for selecting the Rosé Wine
The most common varieties to make rosé wine are: Garnacha, Syrah, Cariñena, Tempranillo, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Cinsault. The secret always when using Rosé for cocktails is to use one of great quality. Hence, I have the 10 must-have Rosé under $25 that you can use as base wine for the Rosé Wine Clericot. My recommendation will be go for the Provencal Style.