Sharing with you the tasting notes of Santa Cristina Toscana 2016. This wine was recognized-by wineespectator.com as one of the top 10 Elegant Reds. This Toscana wine is widely available in US! For my Long Island winos I found it in Post Wine Spirits at only $8.99 is a great price for the quality of this wine. For quite some time I considered this as my house wine. But then the vintage 2016 is difficult to find. But the 2017, 2018 vintages I have found in TotalWine.com and is equally comparable.
Tasting Notes *✨
- NAME: Santa Cristina Toscana 2016
- COUNTRY: Italy
- REGION: Toscana IGT
- VARIETAL: Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot & Syrah
- PRODUCER: Santa Cristina Wines
- ALCOHOL: 13%
- 👁shows a ruby red color with purple highlights.
- 👃On the nose, delicate notes of cherries and ripe red fruit mingle with balsamic sensations
- 👄The palate is ample and supple with a fruity finish and aftertaste}
About Santa Cristina
SincE 1946 Santa Cristina has been producing wine from the heart of Tuscany. Their Estate is located at a high on a hill in Tuscany, not far from Siena and Perugia, rises the historic town of Cortona. On one side it is flanked by an open plain, and on the other is the hill and the village.
One can enjoy the view of this beautiful panorama from the new Santa Cristina winery, which came into existence in 2006 with the goal of acknowledging and renewing the tradition of the wine known by the same name, 60 years after the release of its first vintage in 1946.
Read more here https://www.santacristina.wine/en/company/
More wine reviews by winedivaa here